- "Let's go, Lydie! It'll be fine as long as we're together!"
- — Suelle
Suelle Malen is one of two protagonists of Atelier Lydie & Suelle: The Alchemists and the Mysterious Paintings.
Suelle Malen is the opposite her twin sister, Lydie, as an energetic girl who is more of a tomboy but dislikes bugs. She's from a small Atelier located in the capital city of Adalett, called Merveille.
She and her sister dreams to one day run the kingdom's top atelier. She is the younger of the two and often teases her older sister, and is generally careless. However, she does appear to be a genius.
As a playable character, Suelle is more robust and offensive-mannered than her sister.
She was designed and illustrated by NOCO.
Suelle has the ability to deal large amounts of damage limited to one enemy, and can even instantly kill any non-boss enemy using one of her many offensive skills. She can use a wide variety of offensive items.
- Quick Trigger - Costs 5 MP. Offensive. Light Damage. Single Enemy.
- Unleashes three shots to a single enemy. The wait time is short.
- Special Reload - Costs 15 MP. Offensive. Medium Damage. Single Enemy.
- Unloads the entire clip of Suelle's firearm, dealing a moderate amount of damage and reducing the defence of the enemy. The wait time is short.
- Fatal Snipe - Costs 25 MP. Offensive. Medium Damage. Single Enemy.
- Causes medium damage to a single enemy with a small change of killing them instantly. Bosses cannot be instantly killed. The wait time is short.
- Swift Barrage - Costs 30 MP. Offensive. Medium Damage. Single Enemy.
- Causes medium damage to a single enemy. Increased power in proportion to speed.
- Cover Fire
- Causes light damage to a single enemy after an ally has used a skill.
- Deadly Sniper
- Causes light damage to a single enemy. Inflict skill damage against the enemy.
- Diffusion Shot
- Cause medium damage to all enemies. Inflict skill damage against the enemy, and stun them.
- Rapid Fire
- Cause heavy damage to a single enemy. Inflict skill damage against the enemy, and stun them.
- She is one of the few female Atelier protagonists who uses a weapon other than a staff, even more notably, as a main weapon.
- Suelle is the first Atelier protagonist to wield guns as a weapon, but not the first alchemist character in the series to do so.
- Her name was originally romanized as Soeur, which means "sister" in French. A few weeks after the reveal of the logo (and consequently the title's romanization), it was updated with a different romanization of her name.